Ottawa County Probate and Juvenile Court Mission Statement
The mission of the Ottawa County Probate and Juvenile Court is to provide efficient, fair, and quality services to the people of Ottawa County. We are committed to protect the rights and safety of our citizens, to work cooperatively with all community resources, and to improve the lives of children and families.
Effective January, 2017 a certified copy of a death certificate is required when filing all estates, including a summary release.
Notice: You must have an appointment to conduct in-person business at the Probate Court office. Please call (419) 734-6830 to make an appointment.
General Orders for the Continued Operation of the Court
In order to minimize the effects of the ongoing coronavirus emergency, the Ottawa County Probate and Juvenile Court issues the following General Orders:
- The Local Rules of the Court may be temporarily adapted to allow court flexibility as necessary.
- The Court authorizes the use of audio-visual devices and technologies for all actions and proceedings.
- The public health emergency may be considered a finding of “just cause” for continuances deemed necessary by the judge and/or the magistrates on a case-by-case basis.
- The judge and/or magistrates may serve orders by email notification and use video and telephone conferencing.
- Any proceedings conducted electronically where a record is desired or necessary, the Court and parties may jointly craft a statement in lieu of a transcript of the proceedings in accordance with the appellate rules.
- All filings will be accepted by U. S. Mail, Fax and Email. Filing fees paid by check can be mailed, or fees can be paid electronically through the nCourt payment system (See “Pay Online” button on the Juvenile and Probate websites).
Juvenile Court Fax: (419) 734-6851 Probate Court Fax: (419) 732-8147
To e-mail Juvenile filings:
- Email email@example.com – AND – “cc” the following: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
To e-mail Probate filings:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org – AND – “cc” the following: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- All hearings, pretrial conferences, status conferences, review hearings, and other court proceedings shall be conducted by telephone. Assignment notices with procedural instructions will be provided to the parties and necessary participants.
All until further order of the Court.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
JUDGE KATHLEEN L. GIESLER