- The applicants must appear in person at Ottawa County Probate Court, Second Floor, Courthouse, 315 Madison Street, Port Clinton, Ohio.
- At least one of the parties must be an Ottawa County Resident and the marriage must be performed in the State of Ohio. If both parties are from out of state and wish to be married in Ottawa County they must obtain the license from Ottawa County.
- If either of the parties were born outside of the United States, please contact the Court for further information.
- If either of the parties is under the age of 18, please contact the court for further information.
- We will take applications Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays. We will require a current pictured I.D. and Birth Certificate.
- If either of the parties has been previously married we will require information on the last marriage as to the following:
a. In the case of the death of a previous spouse, please have a copy of the Death Certificate of the Spouse.
b. In the case of a divorce or dissolution, please have a copy of the Entry or Order granting the divorce or dissolution.
- Cost for the Application is $50.00 due on the day of the application. CASH OR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ONLY. We do not accept checks.
- The License is issued on the same day as the date of application. Beginning on the issue date the license is good for 60 days after which it will expire and no longer be valid if the marriage ceremony has not taken place.
For additional information, please contact the Court at (419) 734-6830.
Marriage Licenses are by Appointment Only.
Please type form and bring along with all other documents and $50.00 payment to the 2nd floor, Room 207, Ottawa County Probate Court.